Monday, 1 February 2010

Eyes

Y digo yo, por ahí estas caritas terminen siendo una excusa para experimentar, decodificar, probar relieves, proporciones, encontrar de casualidad algo que me gusta o simplemente tomar nota de los errores. Una posibilidad de ganar confianza, de empezar a vislumbrar el salto hacia una escala más grande (que los títeres de dedo)... Veremos hacia dónde me llevan todos esos ojos.

Maybe these faces end up being an excuse to experiment, decode, try proportions, to come across something I like or just note the mistakes. A chance to gain confidence, to start to discern the jump to a bigger scale (bigger than the finger puppets)... We’ll see where all those eyes lead me to.

6 comments:

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

You're right...it's funny when we take upon projects they can lead us to new beginings or changes in our painting techniques...
I'm struggling with mine at the moment...and I only JUST started today...
I love your Fawn Face...beautiful eyes!
Char

el reino encantado de Casiopea said...

Oh my!!! I just love those sweet faces :)

PG said...

They really are beautifully crafted, I love your work - I've added you to my Etsy favourites for when I can treat myself.

monika viktoria said...

Miss mouse is my favourite, I think it's great you made a wall hanging of her!!!

sMacThoughts said...

Found you on Flickr... such wonderful things you make!

flor said...

Char: it’s not always easy to let yourself go -is it?- to feel it is not you who is planning or controlling the process. For me it’s a daily exercise, sometimes quite hard to achieve…

El reino encantado de Casiopea: gracias tantas Tamara! Tus haditas son un amor. Sigo tu blog!

PG: thank you so much, your felted creatures are out of this world, and I love your illustrations too, all that talent!

monika viktoria: I’ve TRIED to make her! J But the results are always quite uncontrollable…. I’m not skilled enough to make identical reproductions but I accept what comes (generally)!

SmacThoughts: thank you! I’ve added you to my favs in Etsy, I really like the mysterious feel in your photography.