Monday, 22 February 2010

To Argentina and beyond...

En este tiempo que pasó desde que empecé a hacer “arte” (casi un año atrás) hasta hoy, me he convertido, sin haberlo planeado, en una autodidacta. Algo nuevo para alquien que siempre tuvo mucha (demasiada) confianza en la educación formal. “Enseñarme a mí misma” significó, por sobre todas las cosas, construir mi propia autoridad desde la práctica.

Y aun así, extraño la relación maestro-alumno, me canso del ostracismo artístico, necesito compartir el proceso cara a cara, con un mate de por medio. Eso es lo busco en este viaje de larga duración a la madre tierra. Tal vez no lo encuentre, tal vez lo encuentre, o tal vez lo encuentre y lo descarte. Veremos. El lunes estaré volando. Y en breve después de eso estaré contándoles sobre esta aventura, mi -llamémoslo- retiro creativo.

...................................................................

In the time since I started making “art” to date (almost a year) I have -without planning it- become an autodidact. This is new for someone who has placed a lot (too much) of trust in formal education. “Teaching myself” meant, above all, building my own authority from practice.

Nevertheless, I miss the tutor-student relationship, I get tired of the artistic ostracism, I need to share the process face-to-face. That is what I look for in this long-play trip to my motherland. Maybe I won’t find it, maybe I will, or maybe I will find it and discard it. We shall see. Next Monday I will be flying. And shortly after that, I will be telling you about this adventure, my –let’s call it– creative retreat.

Dicho esto, quisiera presentarles a mi nuevo chiquito preferido : el niño pez.

...................................................................

That said I would like to introduce you to my new special little favorite: the fish child.

El niño pez

es una criatura sabia.

Nada en lo profundo

del mar emocional.

Se ríe,

se entristece,

se muere de amor.

Y después sigue su camino.

Nada,

nada,

nada

en la sabiduría

del océano.

 ..............................................................

The fish child

is a wise creature.

He swims in the depths

of the emotional sea.

He laughs,

he grows sad,

he dies of love.

And then carries on.

Swims,

swims,

swims

in the wisdom

of the ocean.

10 comments:

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

I adore little Fishy...
Have a safe trip...looking forward to hearing if you find what you hope for.
I have a GIVEAWAY on my blog for an Original watercolour piece...I hope you'll enter.
HUGS
Char

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

Flor, will you take part in my Tell ALL Tuesdays?
I think our readers would LOVE to know and see your creations.
Char

holly aka golly said...

Flor, travel safely! I will wait for your updated on your adventures with anticipation! Your latest little sweet beasts are extraordinary!

monika viktoria said...

I always adore seeing your newest little creatures... the fish child is just too sweet. What an amazing little guy... he's so unique and incredible!
Safe travels :-)

Rose minuscule said...

Quelle poésie!!

florcita said...

No podria haber encontrado palabras tan exactas para describir el mismo mambo que tengo yo. Autodidacta... sin nunca haberlo sido. Solari en el ostracismo y extrañando alguien que me de charla...feedback vio...
Buen viaje!

flor said...

Thank you everyone and apologies for this delayed reply! I’m in such a rush preparing everything for my trip…phew!!!!
Dear Char: I’m sorry I missed your fabulous giveaway!L It’s been a great success according to the amount of comments you received, bravooo! I love all your watercolour sweet animals. And I’d love take part in Tell all Tuesdays!!! J
Sweet Holly: thank you, I can’t wait to be there and tell you all about my small town life, far away from the London life style J)))
Thank you, monika! The fish child is very (very very) special for me, I’m glad you liked him.
Rose minuscule: merci beaucoup, je suis très contente d’avoir rencontré ton art!!!
Florcita: viste? que lo parió Mendieta, qué soledá. Te sigo en tus blogs, un abrazo Marian.

harem6 said...

Your work is soooo amazing !!!So happy to have found your blog!

Ana Camamiel said...

Tus creaciones son extraordinarias. El niño pez es maravilloso. Te entiendo perfectamente, yo también soy autodidacta, y es genial cómo se van aprendiendo cosas, somos mujeres renacentistas, ¡no hay duda!

Luciana Navarro said...

qué lindo!!!