Tuesday, 6 April 2010

The body experiment

Me da un poco de vértigo el salto: de esos títeres de dedo de mínima estructura a un cuerpo-cuerpo, léase: piernas, brazos, cuello, un atisbo de proporción.

Me gusta el desafío, también. Me gusta sentir que tengo todo por hacer, por transitar, por equivocarme, por encontrar.
..................................................................................
The jump makes me a bit dizzy: from those minimally structured finger puppets to a proper body, I mean: legs, arms, neck, and a hint of proportion.

I like the challenge, though. I like to feel everything is still to be done, to take the first steps, to make mistakes, to find.


Empecé con dos tipos de cuerpo, por ahora: uno de arcilla y otro de tela. Los dos mejorables. Ahora resta ver si le puedo sacar el jugo a las clases de costura que tomé el año pasado.
...........................................................................

I've started with two kind of bodies, so far: one made of clay and a fabric one. Both can (and need to!) be improved. What remains to be seen now is whether I can make the best of the dressmaking lesson I took last year.

Por lo demás, el aire serrano me sienta bien.
..............................................................................

Apart from that, the hill breeze suits me.
Tanto como mi nuevo par de guillerminas (soy zapato-adicta) con las que recorro el monte.
....................................................................................
As much as my new pair of shoes (I am a shoe-addict) I walk the mountain with.

10 comments:

sMacThoughts said...

*gasp* Those dolls are amazing. I love the combination of the hard head and soft body... like some of my antique dolls!!!

sMacThoughts said...

PS: I'm having a giveaway, in case you'd like to enter. Just comment. No twittering, joining, or anything necessary for a chance to win. :)

Micki said...

As always your dolls are gorgeous and i'm sure no matter what you do with them, they will be just right!

Your attention to detail is quite astounding, I am a huge fan of your work!!

Micki x

Lyn Newhouse said...

Te han quedado unos cuerpos estupendos. Me encantan todas tus creaciones :)

Teodora said...

They are both lovely, I couldn't decide which I like better

Teodora said...

They are gorgeous. I like both bodies. Was sitting here trying to decide which I like slightly better, but couldn't. They are both lovely

Allie Jane said...

I love your work! I, too, love to put antlers on things they dont belong to!

Feel free to check out my blog to see an example: http://365painting.blogspot.com

Keep creating! Your work is magical!

eplet said...

So happy I found your blog (from flickr!) and i love your dolls. I feel so inspired by looking at your pictures!

Afra said...

Florencia,
me encanta lo que haces, todos estos seres tienen mucha dulzura...
Felicitaciones, es HERMOSO,
Me alegro de haberte conocido,
Sole (Afra)

flor said...

Thank you all for your encouraging comments about this new adventure!
Micki: sometimes there is no difference between attention to details and obsession...! :D
Sole: gracias! Qué bueno que te pasaste por acá! Espero verte en etsy pronto, mucha suerte!!!