Monday, 20 December 2010

Magical days


A veces uno sale y descubre que hay magia desparramada por todos lados. (O: caen diez cm de nieve en dos horas y vas a deslizarte por la colina del parque más cercano.)

Sometimes you go out and discover there is magic spread everywhere. (Or: ten cm of snow fall in two hours and you go and slide down the hill in the nearest park.)


Otras veces uno vuelve a casa y se encuentra con que la magia se ha instalado en su living. (O: tu cuñada violinista viene con un grupo de música transilvana que toca hasta la madrugada.)
PD: un GRACIAS enorme a Etsy y todos lo que apoyaron/compraron/siguieron Sweet Beastiary por un inesperadamente maravilloso primer año (!). Ustedes significan más que cualquier número para mí. Ahora estoy cerrando la tienda hasta el 2 de enero. Feliz Navidad para todos!


Other times you get home and find that magic has settled into your living room. (Or: your violinist sister-in-law comes with a Transylvanian music group that play until the early morning.)
PS: A big THANKS to Etsy and all Sweet Bestiary’s supporters/customers/followers for an unexpectedly amazing first year (!). You mean more to me than any numbers! I’m closing my shop until January 2nd now. Merry Christmas to everyone! 

14 comments:

SOFIA said...

great blog

**We BLOG ARTISTS** said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Flor!
Have a wonderful break.
HUGS
Char.x

Andreia said...

I loved to read your interview on etsy.
Then I found your blog: that photo of snow is amazing!

sandybau said...

Hola Flor! Vi tu trabajo en Etsy y me he paseado por toda tu tienda admirando todas tus bellezas!
Un gusto conocer tambien tu blog!!
Abrazos,
Sandra ♥

CrowNology said...

This looks like the day of my dreams...
Please snow in my park and come play in my livingroom! I have rain and boxes...
Love your creations.
Happy New Year!
xo
Andrea

Sue at nobaddays said...

What lovely work! Found your blog via your Etsy blog post.

lafle said...

I find your interview on Etsy like some other persons here, and I'm deeply impressed too! Glad to be your follower:D Greetings from Poland! L.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Looks like a fantasy wonderland! Your path to doing this kind of work sounds very much like my own. It was good to hear that I am not the only one who has taken a long time to get to the start. New Year Wishes. Jennifer

Kathy De Wit said...

Hey Flor...just found your blog and watching this pic of the transylvanian musicians! Is that Cha Limberger who plays violin? Many years ago I lived in the same village of him here in Belgium, we travelled together by train sometimes, we saw each other often...but I moved to another part and Cha plays on and on :) Tell me Flor. I LOVE these dolls you make! Incredible, I will return...have a briljant 2011!
Kathy

flor said...

Thank you so much everyone for your nice words and best wishes! :)

Kathy: yes, it is Cha!! He played in London last month with his band. You can watch the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb54KZEVzmQ&feature=related
The violinist is my sister in law, and she brought them all home to follow the party in our living room. Such a GREAT night! Cha is wondeful, we talked about Argentina in Spanish and even sang the tango "Volver"!!! :) It's a small world, isn't it?

Škorčica said...

I just found your blog via Etsy interview and I love those cute little beasts as you call them. :)

Have a great time.

Pozdrav / Greetings!

anna said...

Oh, this is wonderful. Love the photo, love discovering your blog and the amazing faces you create...

Beautiful stuff!

Shandy Nicole Burton said...

I read your featured seller Etsy interview...very inspirational! I can completely relate to trying to find what you really like to do for a living and getting on the right path. Your artwork is beautiful!

Happy New Year!
-Shandy

Rocio said...

Sí! Magic everywhere!! Sólo hay que saber buscarla...